Over 30 Years Of Service For Chicagoland’s Medication Error Victims
At Barney & Karamanis, LLP, our lawyers are on your side and prepared to advocate for you if you believe that you have suffered due to a prescription medication error. For more than 30 years, we have served victims throughout Chicago and the surrounding region who have suffered medical malpractice from professionals they trusted. Our attorneys have recovered millions of dollars in compensation in some of the most high-profile prescription medication error cases in Illinois.
The Knowledgeable Counsel For Your Malpractice Claim
Doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other health care professionals have an obligation to provide a high standard of care when prescribing, administering or filling prescriptions for medication. If they deviate from the expected standard of care, their negligence can have life-altering results. Taking prescription medication that is wrong for your condition or the wrong dose can cause severe injuries or illness, including brain damage, organ damage and death.
Some of the most common medication errors that we see include:
- Failing to consider the negative interactions that a drug might have with a drug you were already taking
- Failing to review your allergies to see whether you would have an allergic reaction
- Failing to discuss the side effects
- Prescribing too high or too low of a dose
- Prescribing the wrong medication entirely
- Filling the wrong prescription in the pharmacy
- Mislabeling the bottle of medicine
- Administering the wrong medication or administering it incorrectly
Our attorneys have handled claims involving dozens of drugs, including:
- Amoxycillin or penicillin
Our knowledgeable, experienced malpractice lawyers have a record of proven results in negotiation, mediation and litigation. Illinois has a two-year statute of limitations for filing a lawsuit. It is crucial that you act quickly and get in touch with our attorneys so that they can begin gathering evidence and constructing your case. There is no detail that they won’t examine if it means getting the outcome you need.
Ask More From Our Medical Negligence Team Today
When you are ready to seek compensation for your damages resulting from a medication error, our lawyers at Barney & Karamanis, LLP, are the legal team to ferociously advocate for you. To schedule your free initial consultation with one of them, please call 312-702-0872 or send us an email.